Musings about life, happiness, theater, and more.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Truly Happy

I have had the most amazing weekend. Honestly, I feel so happy and content - which is completely bonkers when you consider I am in the heart of a family crisis and my back is in constant pain. Yet, I'm happy.

The question is: Why?

I think it is because I am taking the time to be grateful for every moment. Almost losing a loved one has made me become increasingly aware of each positive happening in my life. I'm also enjoying the little things more than ever.

Today I started that new journal. I was really nervous about ruining it (does anyone else feel like that when starting something new?)so I bought some pens and stickers and began writing this colorful journal that reflects my positive outlook. Thank goodness for Target's 99 cents wall of scrapbooking stickers. I was able to feel like I went crazy with my shopping, without spending much money.

Focusing on being healthier - mind, body, soul - has already helped me to be a happier person. How is this focus helping you in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment