Musings about life, happiness, theater, and more.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More Equals Weight Loss

After the holidays, my body started to crave vegetables. I constantly want salads with very little dressing, or vegetable stir fry, or something else equally delicious and veggie-filled. It wasn't a New Year's Resolution, it was just a natural shift. About a week ago, my body no longer wanted to intake meat. I haven't had red meat in years, but even poultry stopped being appealing. Yesterday, I wanted a snack, and I turned to fruit! What? This is so unlike me. I'm not sure where the change is coming from, but I can say that I feel so much better. Maybe I am truly listening to my body for the first time and giving it what it needs, not what I thought it wanted.

Beverages. I don't drink alcohol at all. It's not my thing. The only drink I enjoy outside of water is Coca Cola Classic. Lately, I can't drink more than a few sips before I'm over the soda. What does this mean? I am drinking water like no other. There is always a glass of water by my side - and I love it!

So, what's making the difference in my body? Is it the veggies or the water?

The most exciting outcome...I've lost two pounds this week! Yippee! Whatever the cause, the diet change or the water increase, I am going to keep up with both!

No comments:

Post a Comment