Musings about life, happiness, theater, and more.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm Back. For Reals.

I had to disappear for awhile. It was hard on me emotionally, but a necessary truth. There was a family emergency I had to attend to. Things are going to be okay, but we are not out of the woods yet.
Sadly, this means I slacked on the majority of my personal goals. How could I worry about my own health - physical/emotional/mental/spiritual - when my whole being was devoted to the care of a loved one? I know I did what needed to be done, but I'm still disappointed in how this effected me.
My back has gone out worse than it has in years. Walking from my car to inside the store and my back feels done and I just go home. I haven't been able to exercise or even do basic day-to-day cleaning. I'm really looking forward to getting back in the pool which I think should be within a week or so.
Life hasn't been all bad, just challenging. Luckily, I have an amazing (yes, the word is overused but he truly is) husband who has stepped up in ways I could never have dreamed. A few friends have really stood out as being true and solid. Incredible how in our toughest times our truest friends are right there with support.
Looking to a positive 2012 is filling my heart with hope. I am excited to get back in the pool - I can't wait to be healthier. My husband and I are going to start meditating and church shopping. Maybe I will actually learn Spanish for reals this time! One way I have started to take care of myself that I will definitely continue is reading books! I just love to read and am so pleased I have given myself the time to do so.
My family situation should be all over in a couple of months, and I don't want to look back and regret not taking care of myself for the entire length of our struggle. Please bear with me. All support is appreciated.

2 comments: