Musings about life, happiness, theater, and more.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Essentials to Happiness

The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. ~Joseph Addison


It is funny how love makes us do and put up with things we never thought we would. But we can only hope the ones who love us in return will tolerate us as well.

Today my focus on the road to health and happiness is water. Yep, good ol' H2O. For a long while there I was drinking so much water everyday, it had become a habit. In the past week or so, I've noticed I'm not hydrating enough. So, that's my hope. To drink a plenitude of water today.

There was a time when I really enjoyed writing. There is nothing quite like sitting in a quiet spot with pen, paper, and thoughts. Today that is my "to do". I am going to sit and write letters and maybe even journal. I find writing just for myself harder to do. Perhaps it doesn't feel as meaningful as it used to. I'm not sure.

And since my life is luckily filled with love, this will all be done with happiness in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment