Musings about life, happiness, theater, and more.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Small Success

I weighed myself on Saturday and am a total of just over four pounds below where I started! This is a minor success, but I am so proud of myself.

In the past, I would exercise for a week or so - maybe diet too - and then I would just stop. Give up. This time is different. This time, I'm not doing it for a bikini bod (although how cool would that be?). I'm doing this to change my life. To better my life. The pounds shedding off are a side benefit.

Today marks the beginning of the second week of the hundred pushups challenge I am partaking in. It feels amazing to have my muscles get so much stronger. I've also started stretching way more. Back in the day, I was super flexible and I'd love to be able to say that again.

Life is challenging right now. It would be easy to give up on this lifestyle change. No one would even blame me. But I'm sticking with this - and I hope those of you who are in this with me, stick with it too. Let me know where your journey is taking you.

No comments:

Post a Comment