Musings about life, happiness, theater, and more.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Calories In vs. Calories Out

Being healthy is my ultimate goal. I want to look in the mirror and be proud of how I take care of my whole self. You know what? I'm already getting there. It's not about looking in the mirror and feeling like a beauty queen, but just knowing that I'm doing what I can to make my life the very best it can be.

I've decided to add to my workout plan. I'm doing the hundred pushups challenge, walking, hiking, and playing Kinect. I'm going to add sitting on a wall as my own challenge! And once I get out of my own head, I will go back to the gym for water aerobics.

I have a friend who loses weight by eating less. It doesn't matter what she does for exercise, she just needs to cut back on her calorie intake and the pounds will come off. It seems like most people need to watch what they eat and also workout more to lose weight.

When I was in college, I could eat whatever I wanted so long as I exercised regularly. As I've gotten older, I'm in my early 30s now, my metabolism has definitely shifted and slowed way down. However, I have recently realized that exercise is still the most important factor on my weight loss journey. I can cut calories, but those stubborn pounds won't budge! When I move more and exercise more, that's when I see a change in my body. That's also when I see a change in my own positive outlook on life.

So, what have I learned? To meet my goal of being healthier mind, body, and soul, I must exercise more. In doing so, I hope to be a better wife, daughter, and friend.

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same - - I HAVE TO exercise in order to lose weight. Calories in / calories out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I will do much exercise today. Definitely will do my pushups, but not sure how much of today will be mine. What exercise are you doing today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been stressed at work I mean slammed don't know if I have energy for gym after work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forcing myself to do Day 3 of the pushups challenge right now...

    ReplyDelete