Musings about life, happiness, theater, and more.

Monday, April 4, 2011

PSA Project

In my 8th grade drama class, we are creating public service announcements. Last year, I assigned the groups and told everyone that the topic was Going Green. This year, I decided the students should get to take more ownership of the project. We spent half a class period talking about what the kids see as problems at our site. Whatever the topic, it needs to be relevant to them. They are leaning towards discrimination because then they can combine some of their favorite prevalent ideas - racism, stereotypes, sexism. I love how passionate the class is about this new project, but I'm worried about the outcome. We are going to have to walk a fine line of being honest about the issues at school without being offensive to anyone.
Tomorrow we are finalizing the topic and then we can figure out what the PSAs will actually look like. I want them to be creative, to think outside of the box, and make a PSA unlike any we've seen before. We watched this one for inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment