Musings about life, happiness, theater, and more.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Email

This is an email I received from a parent - one of the reasons I do this work.

"Hi Elle,

Cheers, cheers and more cheers to you for the extraordinary performance you spearheaded, cheerled, cajoled and masterfully executed last week.  It ignited in my own daughter a love for theatre that had not previously existed, and one that I truly believe will carry with her to high school where I expect she will stay involved in theatre.

Enjoy your much deserved break!"

What a wonderful note to kickoff my Spring Break. I love my job and the community I work in.

2 comments:

  1. Elle! Congratulations! You sparked something in this student-- something the parent sees as valuable enough to continue into secondary ed. This is a sign you've done many, many things right! Thank you for the commitment you've made to young people. Savor the moment- and then sleep and rest for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My goal is to give middle schoolers a passion for theater they will take with them to high school. Nice to know I succeeded with this shy girl.

    ReplyDelete