Musings about life, happiness, theater, and more.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Back At It

Today I am going to sign up for the gym again. It is important for my health that I get back into aqua aerobics and today is the day!

All I want right now is a soda. I am downing water and not allowing myself to have even a sip of soda. I realize I must seem as if I drink tons of soda, but I don't. It's just that a few sips a day are ever so nice. It was never my intention to drink a bit daily though. The time has come for me to cut it out again...

Which brings me to sugar. Last year I cut out ALL added sweeteners for a couple of months. It was a major challenge, but ultimately it made it possible for me to lose 17 pounds. Now I am debating - can I lose weight without eliminating all sweeteners? My issue is I don't want to go on a diet and I'm not sure no sugar will be sustainable for me. Perhaps it is a good way to get back on track. Definitely something to consider.

2 comments:

  1. You go, EB! You can do it. I'm a fizzy water drinker these days.

    As regards the sweeteners, what about cutting out aspartame and maltodextrin but allowing stevia and agave syrup? Or allowing real sugar but only 30g in a whole day of any sugars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sweeteners in general are a slippery slope for me. There's a lot to think about!

      Delete